1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Voicemail icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeffzz421, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jeffzz421

jeffzz421 Well-Known Member

so for the life of me I can't figure out this one. Whenever I get a voicemail I have to restart the session by hitting five, or the icon won't go away. I've deleted a bunch of em but that never works. I have to restart with five or call back. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. joneidy

joneidy Android Enthusiast

Same problem here. It will be a nice if anyone knows how to solve this.

3. jeffzz421

jeffzz421 Well-Known Member

Bump.

What's up, no one else has this problem?

4. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

I've never had that problem. I always push "*" to end session and the notification always goes away for me.

5. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

Make sure you press * to disconnect , and it will most likely go away each time with no problems. Even though it is suppose to go away even when you simply hang up, sometimes it bugs. I had the same problem a few weeks ago, I called and called and called, and hung up, and the icon was still there. I had to have someone else call me...leave a very short voice mail, and then I had to call up, play it, and delete it, and then hang up...and then it went away.

6. eaglemon

eaglemon Lurker

I tried everything people suggested all to no avail.
    When my voicemail was empty this stupid icon would not go away,
    the only thing that worked for me was to go out to the internet and browse for a minute or so and it disappeared.

7. architectadam

architectadam Lurker

I had a voicemail icon that wouldn't leave, despite no messages.

I called my Optimus from another phone and left a dummy message...then dialed up my Optimus voicemail and deleted the message. That got rid of the icon.

A wonky fix...but it worked.

Tags: