1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Voicemail Notification Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pinkie1205, Dec 2, 2009.

1. pinkie1205

pinkie1205 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I want to apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this. I tried searching and couldn't find any.

My voicemail notification will not turn off. I deleted the voicemails so I know that there aren't any. I have tried pulling down the notification bar and hitting clear notifications and when I go to Call Settings, the clear voicemail notification tab is blacked out and I can't push it.

I want to add that I just got this phone yesterday so I am still learning. The instruction manual was no help at all. I don't think I'm using visual voicemail or whatever it's called.

Please help and thanks in advance! For some reason I HATE having notification icons...lol

I wanted to add that I tried called into the voicemail and fixing it there but I didn't hear any option.

Advertisement

2. memphis9489

memphis9489 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I have EXACTLY the same problem. My phone is not new, however. I have the new update, however.

I don't get many "missed calls" because I keep my phone with me at all times. Seldom do they go to voicemail. But this this it did. I listened to the voicemail - deleted it - but the notification still remains.

I Googled this problem and it seems quite common.

One solution was to call yourself, leave a message, listen to it and delete it. That, supposedly, will clear out the notification. But that didn't work for me.

It appears to be a "bug."

Tags: