• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voicemail notification

Any other ideas to solve this problem? I have had a voice mail notification for 4 days now but the little VM icon will not go away. I have searched many Droid forums and still haven't found an answer that works. I have tried battery pulls, unrooted and uninstalled DroidMod, left numerous new VMs from other phones and deleted them, played around with all the settings in the VM menu and nothing has removed the VM icon! I only have standard VZW voice mail, no Visual mail. And don't tell me to sign up for Google Voice. I have no need for it. And I have no "clear" button when I pull down the notification bar, just that stupid voicemail icon! Any other ideas??

Upvote 0
I found the answer!!!!

Check this out.

New voicemail notification, but no new voicemail - Google Voice Help

The short answer is that the voicemail is in your carrier's voicemail system, not google voice. To fix it, you must go to Google Voice, deactivate the google voice service for the phone (follow the directions that comes up on the deactivation page) then go into your carrier's voicemail service (hope you remember your password!) and delete the message. In my case, the message was placed from a Verizon store, where a saleschick was trying to get me to upgrade a phone plan. I guess it was an internal line or something so that G/V didn't intercept it. But anyway, it's gone now.

Hope this helps everyone!

Upvote 0
There was no missed call but a phantom message that I could not retrieve. When I dialed the *86 I found a couple other ollllld messages, somehow these messages snuck by my Google Voice. I wonder how that happened?
Hmm, using GV is turning out to be quite a bumpy road and unfortunately I can't recommend it to others until everything works without these sort of issues.
Anyway, thanks for the tip!
< A >

Upvote 0
There was no missed call but a phantom message that I could not retrieve. When I dialed the *86 I found a couple other ollllld messages, somehow these messages snuck by my Google Voice. I wonder how that happened?
Hmm, using GV is turning out to be quite a bumpy road and unfortunately I can't recommend it to others until everything works without these sort of issues.
Anyway, thanks for the tip!
< A >

You guys DID NOT READ THE OP at all.

What they said is that their carrier has no voicemail for them and there is still a notification. I have the same problem.

I do not use an alternative VM service AT ALL... and when I log into my carrier's VM it says zero messages (same as the OP).

My carrier (Wind) told me I'm going to have to wipe my phone after backing it up but I don't want to do this.

What I was looking for was a way to use ADB to modify the data so it doesn't list the notification anymore since the VM which created it doesn't exist anywhere.

This is clearly a bug with Android OS that it doesn't let you clear VMs when they don't exist anywhere.

Upvote 0
I had this same issue on my Bionic. I use google voice but somehow before I got it going a voicemail snuck in.
To get rid of it and are on google voice you will need to log off, dial *73, *900, *920
Then call your phone and leave a voicemail.
Go to the Verizon voicemail app and call in, delete each message when the option is given. Once you delete the mystery messages you will need to reconnect to google voice.

I used the guide at the following URL to get google voice working on the Bionic

How to set up Google Voice voicemail on the Motorola DROID BIONIC - Know Your Cell

Hope this helps.

Lorraine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones