1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Voicemail Notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheJerkStore, Dec 1, 2011.

1. TheJerkStore

TheJerkStore Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Government Contractor
    Washington, DC
    Ever since the update I have had a VM notification that won't clear. I have tried multiple fixes that I found online, but none of them have worked. Also, I have yet to find a fix that is specific to this model. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, a fix? Thanks

Advertisement

2. rlp6028

rlp6028 Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    I am having the same issues. I am using Google voice for my voicemail and had it set up that way before the update. Previously, I could go to Settings>Call Settings and click Clear Voicemail Notification, however there is no option for that anymore. Also, interestingly enough, it shows My carrier as the voicemail service, not Google voice and that *86 is the voicemail number, however it still goes to my Google Voice account instead of the Verizon voicemail. Not sure how to clear those voicemails out or get rid of the icon. Anyone have any luck?

3. kkozuch1

kkozuch1 Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2008
    I am having this same problem on a Droid Charge. I updated the phone on saturday and the notification has been there ever since. I go to the google voice app to listen to the voicemail but there is no voicemail in the app. Anyone else having this problem too?

4. TheJerkStore

TheJerkStore Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Government Contractor
    Washington, DC
    Well, I finally decided to reset my phone to factory settings since the VM notification was driving me crazy and I wanted to get rid of a bunch of crap I had installed . I had my contacts backed up both on the Verizon site and on Google, and I just went to https://market.android.com/mylibrary where my apps were all still listed and I reinstalled the ones I wanted back. It worked great as it did remove the notification and I didn't lose anything of value.

All of this became moot last night when I decided to root my phone and get rid of all of the bloatware. Now I am finally happy and in full control of what is on my phone and it's running better than ever. I think the battery life has improved as well, especially with Juice Defender, but I still need to calibrate it I guess. Seems like a lengthy process so I'll probably wait for the weekend.