• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help voicemail pending icon (resolved: disable fast boot + reboot)

flawless45

Apr 7, 2010
I have the voicemail pending icon in the top left of the phone and I cannot get this thing to disappear. I cleared any new voicemails, rebooted the phone, I can't figure out what to do. This happened on my OG but I would just reboot and all was good, any help would be appreciated.

I have the voicemail pending icon in the top left of the phone and I cannot get this thing to disappear. I cleared any new voicemails, rebooted the phone, I can't figure out what to do. This happened on my OG but I would just reboot and all was good, any help would be appreciated.

Can't say this will work for sure, but I would call your phone and leave another voicemail. See if deleting the new one will work for getting rid of the notification

Upvote 0
I just had someone call and leave a message, it showed a second voice mail icon, I called to delete it and the old one is still there. My ocd is kicking hardcore on this now!

I would try to disable Fast Boot(Settings-Power) and reboot or go into Apps-Running and stop/restart the voicemail service. Wondering if the reboot with Fast Boot enabled never cleared voicemail from Ram. Kinda grabbing straws and using my PC knowledge for things to try.

Upvote 0
I think it might be a Sprint issue. Had the same thing pop up for me today for the first time and I tried all the usual fixes as I did with the OG Evo with no luck. Last time it wouldn't go away, Sprint said it was a known issue and they were working on it and it went away the next day after a reboot.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem...restarted the phone and it went away. It keeps happening to me, but I just keep restarting the phone and it will disappear. I am having a problem with the phone not notifying me sometimes when I have a new voicemail..I just called my phone yesterday and had 6 new msgs! Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones