• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemail Set Up

RaLeX

Mar 23, 2012
The Note comes default with the old school Voicemail set up. Call your voicemail box, enter your password and listen to your message.

I decided to give At&t Messages a shot, so I called AT&T and they have to switch your data from standard voicemail to be able to do visual voicemail with the AT&T Messages program.

Frankly, I hate AT&T Messages, the visual voicemail part is never even close to accurate, there's no options to filter notifications or any sort of settings, so any sms like GO or Handcent that you WERE using, needs to be deleted otherwise you get duplicate texts and notifications. The notifications that do come with AT&T Messages are horrible. You can't see them on your lockscreen, it's just an ugly orange bubble that you have to open the app to read, etc..

My question is for anyone using a 3rd party app for visual voicemail like YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus or Visual Voicemail Plus... Does your phone need to be set up to do visual voicemail or should I have AT&T reset my voicemail to the standard voicemail setting? Which setting is required to use the 3rd party app?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones