1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Voicemail with no missed call?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PowerBomb, Oct 8, 2010.

1. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Chicago
    This has happened to me at least a handful of times now with the Ally. I'll check my phone and I'll have a notification of a new voicemail, but with no indication that I ever missed a call in the call log or anywhere else. Is this how it's supposed to work? If you miss a call but no message is left, you get a "missed call" alert, but if they do leave a message, you just get a voicemail alert? Or is something goofy going on? Kind of annoying that I can't just quickly check the call log to see who it might have been. Instead I have to call in and listen to it. Is this to pressure people into using Visual Voicemail? I don't pay to have that on my plan.

Advertisement

2. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    As with any other cell phone, if the phone rang, you'll get a missed call irrespective of voicemail.

Most common reason for what you describe is lack of service when the call is being placed.

3. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Mac tech support
    Memphis
    I live out in the country most of the time I have 1 bar or less so it happens regularly to me when I am at home.

4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Chicago
    Well I live in Chicago but this Ally is pretty terrible usually getting 1 bar most of the day. Guess that explains it. Never had this issue with Verizon or LG phones before. Now I just miss calls for no reason. Oh well. Thanks.

5. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Operator
    Upstate,NY
    I think verizon has a vmail to vmail feature. (Idk if that's what its called). Meaning you can be in your voicemail and send a message to another voicemail without ever calling the phone. Or like he said it could also be lack of reception when the call was placed.

Tags: