1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Piglet91, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Piglet91

Piglet91 Lurker

Hello I need some help how to fix this when I block number from my phone they send me voicemail how to do I fix that

Thank you

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Are you using a 3rd party app for call blocking or just the built in call blocker from Android

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

check out YouMail. it blocks a majority of spam calls from getting thru with no voicemails.

i will say this, now that it is politacal season here in the US, more and more political spams are getting thru...most likely because it is not a bot calling, but an actual person.....very annoying

so far i have gotten calls for sanders and blommberg......you guys are not getting my vote. SO STOP CALLING!!!!!!!!! (sorry i had to get that off my chest....i feel better now:D)

Dannydet and tube517 like this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

There's been an increasing problem with what's been tagged as 'Ringless Voicemail', something that isn't an actual phone call so conventional blocking services don't apply:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/business/phone-ringless-voicemail-fcc-telemarketer.html

https://community.t-mobile.com/thread/142546

Given our current political climate the FCC is very unlikely to do anything about this matter so try contacting your carrier about this. Hopefully if enough of its customers complain than it might implement some kind of blocking solution on its own.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

My Youmail has blocked all spam (maybe campaign?) calls but I'm getting campaign texts. I don't have any text blocker but I don't answer those and use the built in blocker in my texting app (Samsung stock) to block from further texts.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

The OP is inquiring about voicemail, not necessarily phone call spam nor texting, so how are blocking ringless voicemail that don't have any phone number?

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I was answering Ocnbrze's post not the OP's post. I was just replying about the annoying political texts I have gotten.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah that includes voicemail messages. i do not get those save for the very few that squeaks by youmail. those i have to hangup which then goes to voicemail.

i used to get those about once or twice a week. but lately it is more like 4-6 times a week for the last few weeks. these calls are not bot calls, but actual people.....really annoying.

9. Piglet91

Piglet91 Lurker

Just the built call blocker from Andeoid

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews