• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VOIP and capabilities

Okay I bought a transfix for my daughter. unfortunately she is a terror and she is always on it. I want to be able to install a tracking system on it as well as a VOIP. Someone told me that she would be able to give them the VOIP number and not her real one, and so they could talk that way. I would appreciate any help and suggestions . Thank you mother of a naive 15 yr old

Hello there, welcome to AF! :)

Google Voice should work with no problems, although there are a few other VOIP apps on the market: VOIP Apps.

The tracking stuff, generally it's not something we give advice on. Given the legalities surrounding tracking someone without their knowledge in certain countries/states and the fact that the apps used can be pretty nefarious themselves, it's a grey area so we just leave those sort of things alone, sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones