• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VOIP/Csipsimple on ST

trumee

Lurker
Jan 29, 2013
Hi,

I have an international unlocked Samsung Note 2 (N7100) and am planning to buy a ST sim. My primary use is to make sip calls. Does ST allow that out of the 2GB limit?

Also, is internet streaming radio allowed on ST?

Google suggested I should use the ATT sim rather than the t-mobile sim for 3g/HSPA+. Is that true?

Cheers

You can do voip calls and you can stream radio. It depends on the coverage in your area. I would see how T-Mobile's coverage is in your area first. If they have good coverage then check this map out. Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II) That's a map showing everywhere where people have reported getting 3G/HSPA+ speeds off the 1900 frequency which T-Mobile is in the process of refarming all their 1900 spectrum to 3G/HSPA+ which means ATT and International phones can now receive 3G on T-Mobile.

Also T-mobile on ST has a 4 to 5gb limit as compared to ATT's 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones