1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support VoIP only but still tries cell

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DruidZ, Sep 26, 2017.

1. DruidZ

DruidZ Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    I am trying to cut the cord with all traditional carriers. My company provides VoIP services so I am putting that on my phone. I have even pulled the chip out to make sure that there is no carrier.

I installed CSipSimple and it works fine. However, when I call from my contacts it still asks me if I want to use VoIP or mobile. Worse, the bluetooth hands-free in the vehicle always connects to mobile and so fails.

Has anyone worked all of this out yet? I have tried various config changes on the phone and CSipSimple but to no avail.

I am not married to CSipSimple by the way but I do want a straight VoIP solution. I don't want to use Google Voice, for example, while I provide my own VoIP service.

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    CSipSimple is OK... I have used with our Mitel and Broadsoft systems and it functions but ran into similar issues like you describe, but in the end what killed it for me was it sucks battery. We usually recommend Counterpath Bria to our clients, but they have gone to a monthly subscription based fee recently that I am not too fond of.

What SIP server or hosted provider? Most have a proprietary app that works better than generic ones, but honestly the generic ones (or hosted providers "rebranded" generic ones) are less than perfect. :/

3. DruidZ

DruidZ Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    My provider is Vybe Networks, my own company. We don't actually have our own app. As I said, CSipSimple works fine for me except for the fact that it won't connect to the bluetooth in the vehicle and if I call from my contacts it still asks me if I want to use the VoIP or the mobile which I don't have any more.

https://www.vybenetworks.com/