1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VOIP phone no auto answer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by REALOldNick, Nov 28, 2014.

1. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member

I have a Samsung G2 tablet (with no SIM, so no mobile number) and a Moto G phone. I have loaded the same auto-answer app to both. The tablet answers a VOIP call automatically, but the phone will not. The phone auto-answers a call to its normal mobile number OK, but not the VOIP.

So is there a way to stop what appears to be the mobile phone getting in the way of VOIP?

I also see a similar thing with a Bluetooth speaker phone and I wonder if it's connected. The BT speaker will not allow me to answer calls by hitting the answer button on the speaker and I am wondering if again the mobile is getting in the way of the3 VOIP stuff.

Anyway....any help appreciated.

Nick

2. saptech

saptech Android Expert

That may be the issue, the mobile number works but any VOIP doesn't. I had setup Bluetooth with my vehicle and wanted to use my Google Voice number as main number, but BT only works with the mobile number and not GV. I haven't figured out how to make it work.

3. REALOldNick

REALOldNick Member

Thanks for the reply.

What I don't get is that the auto answer _does_ work on my non-phone tablet. I need to check the BT speaker on the tablet to see if that works. Surely if iut does there must be a way to get around the confounded phone app!

Nick

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews