• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vol up + Power does nothing for me.

your not re+arded ( or we both are lol) but I have the same problem. I cant scroll down to select the nand back up , but it my screen looks just like the example too. root is sooo close! course after the second script it said I was rooted but I dont know how to check since the hboot is still the same 1.49 wth the security still on. today is the day I can Feel It . lol ( course the thought did cross my mind to wipe my phone and mail it to someone to root it for me, (but it was a fleeting thought lol )
edit after reading further I see that you got it by doing vol down and power. I tried this , and Im still stuck with the screen that looks like fig 31 and a trackball that wont scroll the track ball works everywhere else , so thats no the problem. Can I uninstall gscript and start this process all over again?
after you get into the screen by holding power and vol down you have to move the cursor with the volume controls. so boot up your phone like that (vol down + power) and hit the vol controls to move up or down to choose "recovery". to actually select it you need to hit the power/end call button, that should get you to the next screen in the tutorial.

Upvote 0
After I press Recovery, the 3 Skaters pop up, but then it freezes. Am i doing anything wrong? are they supposed to just stand there for a long time? i got the screen from Amon_ra that i have root so i figured i was all set.

Same exact thing for me. Volume up and pwr gets me the skateboarders and it locks and if i try volume down and power i can then select recovery but it locks there with the 3 skateboarders also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones