• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volte news!

mike28

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2010
Tampa
Metro is working toward Volte advancement as well
MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless

Flat-rate player MetroPCS (NYSE:pCS) said it will take four to six months before it launches Voice over LTE service in all 14 of its LTE markets as it works through the technical challenges of deploying VoLTE technology.

MetroPCS launched VoLTE service first in the Dallas-Ft. Worth market, and the carrier wants to use VoLTE as a way to refarm the spectrum it uses for CMDA service for LTE. Mavenir, Acme Packet, Amdocs, Genband, Hewlett-Packard and Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) have been among the vendors MetroPCS has worked with to deploy VoLTE.

"There are a number of changes that need to be made in base station optimization in Dallas," CEO Roger Linquist said at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference. "This is not your grandfather's Buick. This is a different animal." He said the transition to VoLTE is obviously possible but does take time, and that VoLTE customers in Dallas were experiencing better call quality than on CDMA.

Read more: MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless
Subscribe: Wireless News, Wireless Newsletter - FierceWireless

Yes don't know if you remember but the esteem was suppose to be volte ready so yeah I will say the esteem will receive an ota update to volte

I remember , because they tested with the revolution but I really hope they do it with every single VoLTE capable phone. I'm saying this because sometimes they have tendency of ignoring some dev support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones