• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I still haven't fully figured out how to use volume +

Its simple but it only seems to work with the right setup. Like I had player pro and it wouldn't work. As soon as I downloaded and started using player pros dsp addon I tried again it works. I've recreated the scenario to be sure that's what did it and it was. Volume plus will make your phone crazy loud!!! If you use it and you can't see a difference as soon as you activate it then you aren't set up right. Idk why. If you try the player pro way ask if you need help

People tend to use poweramp because it has 10 equalizers but the dsp addon gives player pro 10 as well.. I highly recommend that music player.

I just tried with poweramp and it works as well. It does say it doesn't work with all music player's.. I know it doesn't work with ApolloStars music player from the last version of unitology cuz i tried unitology a few weeks ago

I'm on shins beta 3. I have the X loud script's in build prop and as you could see from the battery screenshots I have beats audio on my phone. So I'm like all audio enhanced lol

Upvote 0
Unitology was updated recently the latest version now uses the walkman music app and not the connected music play but i have no idea if itll work

I know I read his change log. That's why I made sure to state it was from his last version

I don't believe it has anything to do with which rom your on though. I think it depends on which music player you use. And the only 2 it worked on for me happened to have 10 equalizers? Not sure if that's a coincidence or not..

Upvote 0
There are many apps, you have to try one by one untill you find the one that fits better ; )

My suggestions are:

Equalizer of course: (Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer)
- Free
- 5-band level equalizer
- Many presets
- Many home screen widgets

Voodoo Sound is probably the best: (Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.controlapp)
- Free

And there are many more, here's a list found on android authority, I hope they have something for you )):
Best sound and audio equalizer apps for Android

Upvote 0
I think I have the equalizer?Im not that impressed!!!

I've tried a few volume boosters (am rooted now). If you open Equalizer and slide all the sliders to the top, then hit the Home key, you're getting all you are gonna get out of the Zte as far as volume increase goes.

Don't use presets. Go directly to the equalizer tab, make sure it's enabled, push all the sliders up and there you go.

You might also enable Bass Boost and set it around 30... but it will effect Google Music (and other music apps).

Upvote 0
I totally disagree about not being able to make your volume really really really loud. If you don't want to try my advice thats fine. But volume + can and will make your volume way louder than it is right now. I know because I use it. As stated earlier it works with only some music player's. Not intended to put you down but if I don't say anything then you would be misleading yourself as well as everyone else. ;) try it with poweramp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones