1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Volume button problems in music player htc desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bilbo_c, May 22, 2011.

1. bilbo_c

bilbo_c Lurker

Hi this is my first poston this forum so please excuse any stupidity.

Ok, so basically my volume buttons on my HTC desire have sort of stopped working in the stock music player. I say sort of because the volume buttons still 'work' but they don't change the actual volume in the music player. They still change the music level bar but the actual volume doesn't change, even when muted the volume stays loud.

Any help would be great!

EDIT: also just realised this is only when headphones are connected...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. flying dog

flying dog Member

Ok, couple of things.

I'll take it when you press the buttons (+/-) you see a green bar on the screen with the words "Media Volume" above it?

1 - while playing the music keep pressing the - until the volume is as low as it gets.
    Listen to the volume. Then take the volume to the max. Are you sure there is no change? It can be hard to detect the changes.

2 - in the settings / sound & display check the Media volume is set to.

3 - Do you have an app like "Volume lock" running?

3. flying dog

flying dog Member

Ok, the headphones are even more "sensitive" to not seeming to change volume.

I too have just recently started using the phone as an MP3 player. Changing the volume while listening to some songs it takes a lot of movement before I can hear any change.

Refere still to point 1 of my other post.

4. bilbo_c

bilbo_c Lurker

Hi, thanks for the reply. In answer to your post I do see the green bar go up and down, yes.

I am 100% sure there is no change in volume, also when the bar reads mute the volume is still very loud.

I don't believe I have a volume lock app running, I haven't installed one. I did have tone pickers a while back but didn't have any problems til recently.

5. bilbo_c

bilbo_c Lurker

UPDATE: Solution!

I had some ".bin" files in my downloads folder, simply deleted them and fixed the problem along with another one I was having with the phone call loud speaker!
    Special thanks to phantom848 and his friend!

6. bilbo_c

bilbo_c Lurker

Nooooooo! Solved it for literally 2 minutes and now it's back again!

7. crashmat

crashmat Lurker

I've just developed exactly the same problem.

Media Volume bar changes, but headphone volume doesn't. I also have two other problems that may be related to this.

1-All call are answered on speaker phone, probably related to point 2
    2-The phone often thinks it's in a car mode. I have 'disabled' this although I think all I'm doing is masking the problem. This problem possibly manifests itself through a short on the USB connectors that make the phone think it's in car mode. This problem may be getting worse (i.e. the short is more permanent now and the headphone volume being the end result)

I will keep you posted.

8. shoodooby

shoodooby Lurker

Hi, I have noticed the exact same two problems from quite some time now...

1. Volume green bar goes up down and to mute but audio video volume does NOT change with it. Volume bar is controlling ringer volume fine.
    2. Phone is always in car mode ... speaker is on permanent...
    I have recently started using a navitech docking charger for my htc desire as i had lot of problem with the wired head of its original charger. I have noted that everytime i put on the phone on the docking station for charging it turns on to 'CAR mode enabled' mode...

please help... any solutions...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews