• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume Control for individual notifications?

gmats

Dec 10, 2009
hawaii
Aloha,

I have been looking for a way to control volume/notifications for individual items. Example being I do not care to hear of "new email" notifications but do want to hear of new txt message arrivals 24/7.

Currently the closest thing I have found is the Sound Manager app that allows me to schedule times for notification sounds to be turned on and off. However, like I said above, I need to know when "messages" arrive but don't need to be notified (by sound) when email arrives.

Thanks.

g

Since that is done under "Notification ringtone" it would effectively silence your text messages also.

Umm ... no. The "notifications" ringtone is for texts. But every email app that I use (i.e. Gmail, Email, K-9 Mail, and TouchDown) all have a setting for email ringtones. In fact, you can have a unique ringtone for every email account your DROID manages. What mcadam suggested was to change your email ringtone(s) to "Silent", but keep the notifications ringtone ON.

Now ... I wonder if there's an app that will automatically change your email ringtones for you, based on programmed conditions. Hhmmn... I'll see if "Locale" can do this.

Upvote 0
Umm ... no. The "notifications" ringtone is for texts. But every email app that I use (i.e. Gmail, Email, K-9 Mail, and TouchDown) all have a setting for email ringtones. In fact, you can have a unique ringtone for every email account your DROID manages. What mcadam suggested was to change your email ringtone(s) to "Silent", but keep the notifications ringtone ON.

Now ... I wonder if there's an app that will automatically change your email ringtones for you, based on programmed conditions. Hhmmn... I'll see if "Locale" can do this.

Gotcha.....I was a bit confused. Usually am :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones