1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Volume Control Problem/Black Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anjymae, May 2, 2011.

1. anjymae

anjymae Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    when i try to turn the volume for my ringer/calls up or down [on the side buttons on my phone], my samsung GI freezes up, black screens, and does a sort of reboot. not completely turning off the phone but it doesn't pop up the applications on my screen right away, it does sort of a loading screen.

the buttons work properly when trying to change the media volume, and the notification noise works fine. its just the volume. so now, i have no idea when im getting calls.

does anyone know how to fix this? should i take it to my mobile store? should i call the company? any tips at all would be useful. thank you.

Advertisement

2. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Did you install an alternate launcher?

anjymae likes this.
  3. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    If alternate launcher is not at fault, you can install widgetsoid or another such all access program to volume settings. Such programs open up a menu that shows all 7 different volumes and you can control them from there as a temporary fix. Ultimately though, you may wish to uninstall/reinstall the offending program, or factory reset the phone if no such program exists.

anjymae likes this.
  4. anjymae

anjymae Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    i went into my settings and tried to change it there, but it says its all the way up lol. its not the volume that frustrates me the most, just the fact that the buttons that turn it up on the side make my phone black screen.

i have no idea whats making it do this tho, and i really hate to have to remove all of my apps. i got an android virus scanner thing. and it says theres nothing wrong with my apps when i run it.

5. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    michigan
    Get a back up app that will save your apps to your SD card along with all your contacts. Then try doing a factory reset.

For some reason all the Tech support people stay away from factory reset. But it fixes issue that otherwise can not be fixed. Thats if it is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

anjymae likes this.