• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume control

Papergirl

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
I'm looking for a volume control app or widget for my Samsung Nexus that lets me control ringer volume and notification volume separately. Now I use Volume Control +, and it has separate dials for them, but when I take notification down to silent, ringer goes with it. (It appears to work, but if I switch away and then back, both are silent.) At night, I like to leave ringer sound on just in case of emergency, but I don't want to be awakened by every email or FB post. Any ideas?

Hey Papergirl, welcome to AF! Just a heads up, I moved your thread to the Galaxy Nexus forum. Lots of knowledgeable people amongst us GNexers, I have no doubt you will get an answer ASAP! I am a little ashamed, as I have a GNex myself, but don't have an answer for you off the top of my head, I have never tried to do this myself...

Upvote 0
I didn't know exactly where to post, since I don't think this is specifically a Nexus question, so thank you. I had a bit of trouble finding a way or place to post -- sometimes I wouldn't get the "thread tools" header --I must have been doing something wrong. So basically, I posted where I could!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones