1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Volume control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Papergirl, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Papergirl

Papergirl New Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm looking for a volume control app or widget for my Samsung Nexus that lets me control ringer volume and notification volume separately. Now I use Volume Control +, and it has separate dials for them, but when I take notification down to silent, ringer goes with it. (It appears to work, but if I switch away and then back, both are silent.) At night, I like to leave ringer sound on just in case of emergency, but I don't want to be awakened by every email or FB post. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Hey Papergirl, welcome to AF! Just a heads up, I moved your thread to the Galaxy Nexus forum. Lots of knowledgeable people amongst us GNexers, I have no doubt you will get an answer ASAP! I am a little ashamed, as I have a GNex myself, but don't have an answer for you off the top of my head, I have never tried to do this myself...

3. Papergirl

Papergirl New Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I didn't know exactly where to post, since I don't think this is specifically a Nexus question, so thank you. I had a bit of trouble finding a way or place to post -- sometimes I wouldn't get the "thread tools" header --I must have been doing something wrong. So basically, I posted where I could!

4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    They are bound together inseparably in Jelly Bean. The only way to separate them is by installing a custom ROM. You are not the first, nor will you be the last person looking to do so....

AntimonyER and iowabowtech like this.
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    ^^ +1.

Not one of Google's better decisions imo. That's taking the old vanilla concept a little too far. Really seems like a common sense feature to have on all phones.

Tags: