• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume issue running GPS & MP3 player together

DanCalling

Jan 25, 2017
Recently got a car with bluetooth connection into the car's media center (2019 Kia Forte). Love having the audio from the player (Musicolet) and GPS (HERE WeGo) playing through the car's stereo. Only issue; when I have the music set at the volume I like, the GPS driving instructions are WAY too loud. Both just turn up/down with the phone's volume control, neither seems to have a way to adjust the volume level of the app itself (can't seem to turn the GPS DOWN by itself, or the MP3 player UP by itself). I've tried a lot of apps for both of these uses, these 2 are far & away my favs, aside from this volume thing. Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks the reply, looking at Play I see a bunch of apps called "Volume control", is there a particular one that might be best for this? This is one of the things that drives me nuts about android, the "Store" is crammed with apps for any given use, but no way to evaluate one against another. Can't even sort the list by rating! PITA.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I've tried a couple volume controllers, including Volume Controls version 3.2 and App Volume Control 2.17, but all they seem to do is apply the setting of whatever app is "on top" to all playback, rather than applying different settings based on the APP producing the sound. So if I have my GPS on top (so I can see the map, etc.) the lowered volume setting is too low for the music APP playing at the same time. Or if I have the music APP on top, the volume setting for that APP is also applied to the GPS APP running beneath, again making the GPS TOO LOUD. Is there no volume control APP that simply adjusts the volume for each individual APP, regardless of which is "on top"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones