1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Volume locker-apps cannot change audio back to vibrate - phone changes it to silent

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SvendK, Oct 17, 2014.

1. SvendK

SvendK Lurker

tl;dr - Have Volume Locker or RingGuard installed and if phone is set to vibrate, then moves away from it, the apps try to move it back, but after that, the phone sets itself to silent - causing a new "move" which make the app react indefinetely. Why and how do I stop it?

More info:

If my girlfriend calls or texts and I miss it, because my phone accidentially has been put on silent, she will get on my back. I normally always have it on vibrate. I have been using Volume Locker to keep that from happening (the girlfriend on back-thing). I just had a problem with it.

If I have my phone on some level other than vibrate, it works fine: Change the volume level, popup about the change, I wait a preset amount of seconds and VL changes the level back to what it was before.

But, if I have my phone on vibrate (which I have all the time), VL does the same as before and it also changes the level back to vibrate, but somehow the phone changes it to silent just after. I can see it in the icon in the notification bar, vibrate for a split second, then silent again. It doesnt matter what level I changes it to - after VL sets the level back to vibrate, bang, silent! The move to silent causes a new reaction from VL. So it goes again indefinetely, until I click Save, then move it to Vibrate and click Save again...

I thought it was Volume Locker that had the problem, so now I tried RingGuard instead, but it has exactly the same problem - hence the phone is the issue.

Have any of you heard of this before, and do you know what to do about it?

I have checked, that I don't have any other audio level maintaining apps installed.

The phone is an HTC One X, running stock Android 4.2.2 with HTC Sense 5.0.

Just ask to get any other detail that I have forgotten about.

Best regards
    SvendK

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download