• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume questions

jwm1986

Jul 21, 2010
IN
I do not understand why we need 5+ volume controls on this phone! I can see maybe a seperate one for the alarm, but is there a way to link everything else together? I am tired of getting in to something that makes noise and having my media volume up too high and then what do you do... Exit the app real quick and go find the volume settings? It would be lovely if the main volume rocker would control them all at once.

Any tips/suggestions/ideas/agreements??

try sound manager app from the market....it gives allllll the volumes in one app. a little easier than searching for them

I am aware of these types of programs. They offer no advantage over what is built in to the OS. I simply would like to know if I am crazy and the only one this annoys or what?!! Every other phone I have used has integrated them into one or two controls.

Upvote 0
Actually there are six individual volume settings on the DI. This is a "smart" phone and as such when you are say, watching a video, the volume rocker will adjust the media volume only. There is no need to exit in order to adjust volume. That has been my experience for music, video, in call volume & alarm. In any event, I do use audio manager to set the volumes from a single convenient place.

Upvote 0
Actually there are six individual volume settings on the DI. This is a "smart" phone and as such when you are say, watching a video, the volume rocker will adjust the media volume only. There is no need to exit in order to adjust volume. That has been my experience for music, video, in call volume & alarm. In any event, I do use audio manager to set the volumes from a single convenient place.

That works for some things, but not for web pages with sound such as a page with am embedded streaming media player, or the loud and annoying DROID thing at startup, or games... Which is where my major complaint is. Youtube is one of the few that do that automatically.

Upvote 0
Somewhat guessing but I'd imagine its probably app dependent rather than being a shortcoming of the phone. Seems like an app would need to code in the ability to control its volume function potentially across multiple phones rather than a single OS. An app developer might have a different take on that theory idk.

But it is what it is and the Sound Manager app does make thing easier. Only takes a couple touches rather than sifting through menus.

snap20100921_181714.png

Upvote 0
I simply would like to know if I am crazy and the only one this annoys or what?!!

I wouldn't say you are crazy, but for me personally I actually like that I can control each of the sound types independently. As such, it has never bothered me.

As for the "annoying droid sound", you could just change your boot up sound to a silent mp3, then you won't have to worry about any sound at all while the phone is booting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones