1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support volume really low for music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dorlow, Jan 2, 2014.

1. dorlow

dorlow Member
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    So, I just changed jobs. Up until this job, I've always had my jobs provide me with cool phones. Well my new job doesn't and I'm not willing to spend $100 a month on a phone. But my last phone was an iPhone and I bought a lot of music on it. Well, with my new job and no phone, I bought a Tracfone ZTE Z665C phone. I put a 15 GB SD card in it and then converted all of my itunes music from .m4p to m4a unencryped files. Then copied them over. They play fine on my Android except the music is incredibly low volume. I tried playing it in my car today and I had to crank the volume of my stereo way up. And with the volume way up, the music is "lifeless." No highs or lows. Just all very boring midrange and a lot of distortion of having the radio cranked way up. I have the volume of the phone all the way high. I checked the setting in the phone where it has the volume for music and it's all the way up. I downloaded an app that's supposed to make the volume louder, but it didn't help. Any ideas why the volume would be so low? The volume seems fine when just listening from the phone. But through the car stereo, it's very low. (My old iPhone always sounded amazing in comparison.)

Advertisement

2. pa_cap

pa_cap Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2013
    Mine seems ok and is good with ear buds or a good set of 'phones.
    If they ever get this cell a rooting method, there's great android s/w callrd Viper's Audio (check their site or XDA forum, not the vers from play store). It requires rooting and 'Busybox' installed.

My Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet has it on it and it is great on improving volume plus a ton of tweaks for phone/tablet, earphones and bluetooth speakers.

3. That Tuning Guy

None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Piano Tuner
    Lincoln, NE
    I hear ya. My former phone is an HTC EVO 3D and it really kicks the volume. I'm afraid the Valet just doesn't compare : ( In my case I own the HTC so I still use it to play music in the car. I use the Valet once in a while but I have to kick up the volume in the car quite a bit. Have you tweaked the equalizer? Are you using the stock mp3 player?

4. pa_cap

pa_cap Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah, I use Google Play and a 'user' settings on the equalizer. And the settings I have do boost volume some. My real problem is that I can't always get to the equalizer settings. Don't know when an where they go!

mikieh101 likes this.
  5. That Tuning Guy

None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Piano Tuner
    Lincoln, NE
    Had a funny thing happen tonight. I was playing music in my car and the volume on my Valet was unusually low. I ended up lowering the volume and it actually got louder. Kicked it back up and it was louder yet. Hmmm.... Worth a try eh?

6. mikieh101

mikieh101 Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2014
    Male
    Ass-planter in a Cubicle Farm
    Auburn, CA
    Thanks for that tid-bit, it helped a little bit. The volume on this phone does suck, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I have the Sirius/XM app and the volume really sucks on that, I have yet to figure out how to set it.

7. Lord_Vanski

Lord_Vanski Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Dorlow, I believe that anytime you convert a music file, there would be some degradation during conversion and especially if it is from an M4P. Your best bet if you could download it as an M4a in its original format so that way there is no loss during conversions.

Tags: