1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Volume rocker won't take phone volume all the way to mute

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrisner, Feb 7, 2014.

1. mrisner

mrisner Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Female
    Retail Sales & Avon Lady
    Illinois
    I am allowed to have my phone on me at work, but have to mute it when I am there. I have noticed lately that the only way to do mute all is to press the volume button down, then click on the little cog shaped icon and move the sliders for media, notifications and system all the way down.

Is this a problem others are having or is it just me? My Note 2 is less than a year old and this, so far, is the only problem I have had with it.

BTW I love this forum. I read it daily, and get some great advice. This is just the first time I needed to ask a question. :eek:

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Running mountain resort accommodation & a laundry
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

You could long press the power button and then press "mute" on the bottom row of the pop up.:) It turns off all sounds except music, video and media ( which you would have to start deliberately)

Roger

3. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    Never had this issue as o rooted my phone and ran custum roms from day one.

However, I have never, ever seen a phone do that either, seems pretty silly to me not to go all the way to mute/vibrate.

4. RodsterBG

RodsterBG Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    There are apps out there that can help you with this. One app that I use is smart volume control + and you should be able to control your volume as well as mute certain sounds on the phone. It works wonders. ;)

5. saltz

saltz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    There is another app, Shush!. This app is great. Once it installs it just sits in the background not doing anything. When you press the volume key till the silent area, it pops a a little circle that lets you tell it how long you want it to be silent, so you select the amount of time and push the button at the bottom that says "Shush!" it will automatically turn back up to the previous levels when the time is up, so that you do not forget. :D

6. BryanBreezy

BryanBreezy Newbie
    None

Dec 8, 2013
    Smart volume control+ is my favorite app to control every bit of volume I can muster. You can have a ton of profiles for your sounds/volume and that really helps out when you want to set what your volume will be at night. You can also mute your phone at night and set it to where your volume comes back at a certain time.

Fantastic app is fantastic!

7. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    It is one of the thing I really missed about my iPhone is the physical mute switch. It is so much easier to mute the phone at movies, meeting, etc.. just flip the switch and you can even do it while the phone is in your pocket.

8. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Another option that you could try is something like Setting Profiles. There is a lite and a full version. You can set it to mute all the volumes at a particular time or at a particular location and then undo the changes at the end of the time period or when you aren't at that location any longer. It does much more than that also, but I didn't want to get into that in this post.

saltz likes this.