• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume setting crashed

Laurine

Lurker
May 10, 2013
Hi.

I have problems with the volume setting (& buttons) of my Legend. I'm working on my university thesis which consist of configuring a smartphone.

For that, I'm writing an application. I tried to change the volume setting by using the setRingerMode(int, int) function. When I launched my code on my phone, I could see in the notification bar that the phone changed the ringer mode (vibrate or silent icon disappeared). Aaaaaaaaaaand now:
1) volume is mute (but still vibrate !)
2) when I press on the volume button on the side, it shows the Toast of the volume control, but volume don't go up nor down. It stays on "0".
3) when I go to Settings > Sounds, it force closes.

I tried to reboot the phone. Doesn't work.
A friend suggested a hard reset. Not a bad idea in theory. But if I have no idea what's wrong, I'll keep doing hard reset forever.
Also, my phone isn't rooted, so it runs Froyo. (& I can't root it for my school)

Can anybody help please ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones