1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Volume settings suddenly gone haywire

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 20, 2016.

1. Android Question

Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (running Android 4.1.2) crashed. Just before that I had used my Bluetooth handsfree set, which I disconnected after use. A few minutes later the blanked screen stayed blanked and the phone would not respond to any pressed keys at all. In the end it required a battery pull to reboot it.

After the reboot I noticed that I no longer would get an audible notification when text messages came in. I checked the volume settings (Settings menu -> Sound -> Volume) and all sliders (Music, Ringtone, Notifications and System) are at maximum. Yet the sound volumes are all very low. Also, when I use the volume up/down button on the left hand side of the phone, I no longer can reduce the ringer volume to zero. It will go down to about 10% but I can't put the phone on silent any more using these buttons. And when I try to play music I get a message "Unable to play during call" but there is no call in progress.

I pulled the battery again and rebooted, but to no avail.

When the phone boots, the volumes are normal up to a point, then become very low again. I rebooted in safe mode and then volumes are normal.

So it really looks like some 3rd party app has gone off the rails with the volume settings between its teeth. :)

I have un-installed several apps but no result.

Suggestions, anyone?

// FvW