• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume turning itself down

donas

Apr 30, 2010
Since getting this phone, I have missed several calls and a wake up alarm :mad:

The volume seems to randomly turn itself down to the lowest setting for the ringer and the alarm clock. At first I thought I was inadvertantly doing it myself, but after paying particular attention to it - I have concluded it is somehow doing it on its own.

I read another post in reference to a possible cause being carrying it in a pocket, how could this happen if it's off with the screen locked?

It does not seem to do it when just sitting idle, but somehow between turning the screen on and off multiple times it happens.

suggestions??....

I don't have any app to control my sound and every now and again It'll just turn the volume straight down to vibrate and continue vibrating and before I could just turn it back and it'd be fine for a bit then do it again but now it seems I turn it up and it goes straight back down and I'm battling it for ages! It's very annoying!
I took the battery out and had a look to see if the volume controls were caught or something but that just messed up my phone and its had to reboot on safe mood now ...

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones