1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Volume very less

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arjuncec, Oct 29, 2012.

1. arjuncec

arjuncec New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Hi All,

I recently bought a new HTC desire X. The maximum volume seems to be very low. Do i need to enable any option to get more volume. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. rodmac51

rodmac51 New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I was about to post the same question. Even on full volume its not very loud and if I play music in the car the radio needs turning right up.

Does anyone else experience this or have I got a faulty phone?

3. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    IT
    Romania
    What volume are you talking about? Is it the headphone volume (when listening to music), the in-call volume (i.e. hearing the other person speak), the ring volume, speaker phone volume... ?

4. rodmac51

rodmac51 New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    It's the headphone volume. The maximum volume in the headphones is much lower than I would expect (but the loudspeaker is fine).

I notice it most connecting to the aux input on my car stereo. If radio volume is set to level 6 the aux volume from the phone needs to be about level 15 -16 to achieve the same volume. Of course, when it's switched over to radio at that level it nearly blasts you out of the car.

I previously had a Blackberry and the aux sound output for that was very similar to the radio.

5. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    IT
    Romania
    My Nexus one (also made by HTC) has the same issue - when I use it to listen to music in the car the volume is very low; I have to turn the car stereo volume way up, and then I have to turn it back down before switching back to radio. I suppose it's a common HTC thing...

Tags: