1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saywhuut, Jul 7, 2011.

1. saywhuut

saywhuut Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Is there an app out there that will give me a slider/button to adjust volume when playing music/podcasts? that is my only gripe with the phone, i do not want to have to press the side buttons for all types of volume control.

Advertisement

2. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Well, if you're still looking, there are numerous apps on the market for free that allow you to control volume without pressing any hardware buttons. I don't know of a music app that has the volume slider built in, but below I've posted links to a few volume control apps. I don't like pressing my hardware buttons either.

Volume Ace

Volume Control +

Volume Control

I personally use Quick Settings. It's an utility app that has a lot of other features as well, including the ability to launch it quickly via the notification bar or long press of the search key. I access it by launching Smart Taskbar (it's placed in my quick launch along the top).

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I use songbird and just place the widget on my screen then right above or below I have tried a couple sound management widgets. Volume ace being the current one I am trying. Before this I used a widget I made with Widgetsoid. But i like how volume ace shows me the current level for each thing like ringtone media alarm etc.

Smart taskbar looks to be the same as dock4droid which is what I use right now.