• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Voodoo for the Fascinate ext4 LagFix

mine was FC'ing so i restored it to stock with odin. now i can't even log into google.. makes calls and all that.. just can't get in google server. says Can't establish reliable Data Connection

i see your having problems also... i tried to remove 0.1 in adb and i got stuck at the samsung screen for about 25 min so im restoring to stock right now

Upvote 0
Where the heck are the installation instructions?

I dont' see anything clear on XDA or on the main web site for Voodoo.

I'd love to try this, but the incompatibility with Clockwork is making me hesitate.

EDIT: Is it the same as for the Vibrant/Captivate installation of Voodoo? Do I have to download the file from the first post in the XDA thread and rename it to update.zip, then follow the instructions in the link below?

http://project-voodoo.org/installation

Upvote 0
snap20101009_221935.png

;)

Upvote 0
did you flash back the stock kernal??????

yes i did.. and now i log in.. and then when i go turn off and on the phone, the quick setup restarts. WTF.. i set up everything already and its still asking me to pick english and sign into google when i already did.. i turned it off and on to see if it will ask again.. and it keeps doing it.

what file are you using to restore?

Upvote 0
yes i did.. and now i log in.. and then when i go turn off and on the phone, the quick setup restarts. WTF.. i set up everything already and its still asking me to pick english and sign into google when i already did.. i turned it off and on to see if it will ask again.. and it keeps doing it.

what file are you using to restore?
this one

How to Escape the Force Close Loop of Hell - Android Forums

once i used odin to flash back to stock.. i used the files on xda to flash back... and i kept getting force close so i looked on android central and found a work around.. right now i am flashing my earlier nandroid and i will post details

Upvote 0
saps,

My phone is rooted. Do I just download the lagfix file, rename to update.zip, and place in root of my SD card?

That's it?

I'm just worried about something going wrong and not being able to revert to a nandroid. I don't have CWM installed and hear the v0.2 lagfix doesn't play well with CWM.

Upvote 0
saps,

My phone is rooted. Do I just download the lagfix file, rename to update.zip, and place in root of my SD card?

That's it?

I'm just worried about something going wrong and not being able to revert to a nandroid. I don't have CWM installed and hear the v0.2 lagfix doesn't play well with CWM.
No. no dont rename it leave it named as is. I've only installed via CWM. Not sure how to without it quite frankly.
Plus I got my own fish to fry...next post

Upvote 0
OK I think I got a problem.
I put the file in the sd/voodoo and rebooted.
The female voice gave me the step 1 and step 2 business.
The female voice tells me Data Partition wipe detected and then I got the Galazy S and Verizon Boot Screens but then nothing.
Do I have to bust out odin now?

Upvote 0
i'm trying to fix mine.. i odin'ed mine. and everytime i setup the phone like select language, enter google name, it doesn't log on and gives me a data connection error.. and everytime i turn off and on the phone it keeps on asking me what lanuage even though i already selected english before..

Upvote 0
i'm trying to fix mine.. i odin'ed mine. and everytime i setup the phone like select language, enter google name, it doesn't log on and gives me a data connection error.. and everytime i turn off and on the phone it keeps on asking me what lanuage even though i already selected english before..
At least you can get anywhere Im getting nowhere :(

Upvote 0
OK I think I got a problem.
I put the file in the sd/voodoo and rebooted.
The female voice gave me the step 1 and step 2 business.
The female voice tells me Data Partition wipe detected and then I got the Galazy S and Verizon Boot Screens but then nothing.
Do I have to bust out odin now?

I'm pretty sure that's it. Then your phone boots up, and is snappier and has higher quadrant scores...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones