• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voodoo Lag Fix

I have not felt the need for any lag fix at all, I like the thought of my SGS not being tempered by unofficial and intrusive patch fixes.

Bottom line is though I just never felt the need for it, also I just dont know what the patch actually do and you dont know if it is actually harmful.

Unless i can see the codes and understand what each line does, nothing unofficial will ever reach my device.

I held this believe all the way from WM devices, back in the days all the changes were reg entries and you can see and make sense of what they are, but these I just dont know.

Upvote 0
This is soooo much better than the OCLF imo, benchmarks dont often reflect real use, and the fix imrpoves everyday use by a huge amount

Maybe, but I didnt see any note of the lag fix screwing around with screen brightness when using lowest setting, it looks horrible now and I can't live with this.

To make matters worse theres no way to remove the changes the brightness so I'm going to have to re-flash.

Avoid this one guys, it's not just a lag fix.

Upvote 0
Despite the benchmarks this lagfix is indeed much better than the OCLF (which was getting falsely elevated benchmarks).

The brightness is OK for me, the lowest setting here is much lower than it used to be, its intended only for night time use (because before even at the dimmest setting the screen burned the eyes when viewed in a dark room). At one step up from the lowest its like the old dim setting, and just fine for colour tone.

I do agree they should be offered seperately.

Upvote 0
Look on the website it says how to disable it, im sure it disables everything and not just the lag fix

No, it only disabled the lagfix and even then it does not remove all the files, you try deleting the voodoo folder and update file and the next time to reboot the phone it will apply the ext4 file system again...

You NEED to re-flash to completely remove this, they even told me so on their irc channel, I recommend you visit it and ask some questions about what you've installed.

Upvote 0
No, it only disabled the lagfix and even then it does not remove all the files, you try deleting the voodoo folder and update file and the next time to reboot the phone it will apply the ext4 file system again...

You NEED to re-flash to completely remove this, they even told me so on their irc channel, I recommend you visit it and ask some questions about what you've installed.
ah ok, thanks for the info.
I tried to look on the irc thing but couldnt get it working haha
but atm im very happy with this and have no intention to remove it:)

Upvote 0
What's with the ridiculously (and obviously) sped up video demo? That just negates the whole point of a demonstration video and makes it worthless for comparison o_o
yeah i know :( i got no idea how that happened actually, I never purposly sped it up...honestly :) but i took it down now. meby i will putanother up if I found out what made it speed up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones