• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I am stuck.

I have been trying to find a lagfix for sometime now and I decided on voodoo 5.5 for froyo and i followed the instructions, Download, Rename to /sdcard/update.zip and then it gets fuzzy. The next step is to copy to the ROOT of my sd card. What does this mean? should i be able to just drag and drop onto my sdcard folder? because when i do this and boot into recovery mode i select reinstall packages and it says error /sdcard/update.zip no such directory. Please help!

I am stuck.

I have been trying to find a lagfix for sometime now and I decided on voodoo 5.5 for froyo and i followed the instructions, Download, Rename to /sdcard/update.zip and then it gets fuzzy. The next step is to copy to the ROOT of my sd card. What does this mean? should i be able to just drag and drop onto my sdcard folder? because when i do this and boot into recovery mode i select reinstall packages and it says error /sdcard/update.zip no such directory. Please help!

why dont you just flash a rom that has the voodoo lagfix that comes with it? ive never tried to install it on its own so i really couldnt be much help there, but if youre going to do a lagfix might as well do a rom also

Reactions: Crazyjay
Upvote 0
why dont you just flash a rom that has the voodoo lagfix that comes with it? ive never tried to install it on its own so i really couldnt be much help there, but if youre going to do a lagfix might as well do a rom also

I tried to flash a rom before and got myself back to 2.1 but after that could not for the life of me figure out what to do. So i gave up and am now back on 2.2 and all that and installing a lagfix just seems like it would be easier :s to install a rom i feel like i would physically need someone over my shoulder the whole time helping me lol.

Upvote 0
I tried to flash a rom before and got myself back to 2.1 but after that could not for the life of me figure out what to do. So i gave up and am now back on 2.2 and all that and installing a lagfix just seems like it would be easier :s to install a rom i feel like i would physically need someone over my shoulder the whole time helping me lol.

there are videos on youtube that practically do that lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones