1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

voodoo5 kernels are here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saps, Nov 22, 2010.

1. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

haha yeah it freaked my boss out when she first heard it...i told her it was just my boot animation and i forgot to silence it..shes cool though about it as i rooted her eris in the office and cleaned it up

yeah i dont think jt added enhanced google search back in yet

Advertisement

2. Kaessa

Kaessa Android Enthusiast

I installed from cwm recovery, not upgrading from a previous voodoo5 (I wanted to make sure it was mostly working before I installed it). Clockwork seems to be working. I can't say for sure all features are working, though.

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yeah adb in recovery and cwr restore are still.........a no-go

4. Kaessa

Kaessa Android Enthusiast

I guess I better not do anything that I might need to restore from, then. :eek:

5. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

still on D101. can i install adrynaline's test voodoo 5 kernal or do i need to be on dj05?

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

afaik you can use DI01 kernels on DJ05 and vice versa but remember you wont get ideal performance and no haptic feedback.

and really with voodoo i wouldnt do anything other than whats recommended as it can be a real pita in a bad situation.

and personally with DJ05 if you are rooted theres no reason not to be running it now as that last "hurdle" was bypassed a few nights ago :)

7. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Great question. I dont know anyone on voodoo5 who isnt on DJ05, I have no idea. Even most in IRC have jumped to DJ05, someone might have to make the blind leap of faith

8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

the real question is why is anyone NOT on DJ05 now? :)

9. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Cuz no one has told me how to go to dj05 and what I need to do :(

10. saps

saps Extreme Android User

touche;), and nitsuj17 just to clarify re:cwr & voodoo5 is it fully functional or just usable for flashing. I thought backup and restore were still no go. Although admittedly, I logged out of IRC last night for the first time in like a week and havent been in in like 10 hours which is an eternity :p

11. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

i was just joking bob about the update....as with voodoo thats more serious imo than DJ05 so if you were going to do one, why not the other? :)

12. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

do we install the modem first using odin and then flash jt's dj05 v.5 and voodoo 5 on cwr?

13. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yup modem in odin with pda

then cwr install of sc 0.5

then if you want voodoo just flash it cwr

let the rom boot then go back and flash voodoo...never a great idea to flash 2 things at a time before a reboot.

stevonyc34 likes this.
  14. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

thanks nitsuj17.
    one more question. i disabled voodoo and currently running geeknik's non voodoo stupidfast 1.2.3
    do i need to enable voodoo before flashing voodoo 5?

15. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

no, voodoo can always be flashed over a nonvoodoo kernel...just not vice-versa.

however if u never deleted the disable_lagfix file in ur voodoo folder ull have to do that

stevonyc34 likes this.
  16. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Is just a dj05 safe yet...or is it tooooo scarey for me yet? lol

17. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

remember this voodoo isnt 100% yet...we cant adb in recovery and restore backups...u can make backups, just not restore them yet

saps likes this.
  18. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

if i don't install voodoo 5 then can i flash geeknik's latest and maybe last kernal 1.5.4 on RM after i flash jt's SC v.5?

19. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

I need voodoo5 to run dj05? It won't run on a stock kernell?

20. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

Bob-o we need to get someone to make us some simple to follow directions for dj05...you with me?

21. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yes you can...just remember jts roms have kernels built in so flash the rom first, then the other kernel...unless u rip the kernel out of his update.zip

you dont need voodoo5 to run anything...i was just saying DJ05 is easier to deal with than voodoo5

22. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

someone in irc actually made an idiots guide to DJ05 with pictures...i cant remember who...im sure someone does

23. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Member

just flashed dj05 and getting market FC.

24. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Hell yeah! With pictures would be better! And printable version...with nitsuj home, moble, and pager number at bottom!

25. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

u flashed the modem and then the rom?

run fix permissions in cwr under advanced...if that doesnt work....wipe data/cache and then reflash jts rom

granted you will loose data

stevonyc34 likes this.