1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Voodoo'ed from SD card swap??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcasewst, Mar 31, 2011.

1. rcasewst

rcasewst Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Hi My fascinate was run over by a car. I took the SD out which was OK and put in replacement device and went EB01 SC 2.8. I went to restore a backup and CWM (red) would not work it boots blue and I could run the update which brought me to red but backup would not install.

I ran the recovery all trough odin and got the female voice (although I dont really know what she said) and now blue will not mount (error dev/mm...ect.).

My SD has a voodoo folder as my previous phone was eclair voodoo. Did this voodoo my froyo?? I tried wipe and factory setting and now will not install anything as no space avail.

What are my optoins? I have several backups from the old phone (eclair voodoo and non) and the new phone (froyo sc 2.8) I would like to just get my froyo going again. Phone works and I can read SD in computer and can communicate w/ odin.

Thanks for help in advance! ​

Advertisement

2. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    If you get into blue recovery, run the update.zip file and it should take you to red if that's what you're looking for. Do you not want voodoo on your phone?

3. rcasewst

rcasewst Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    cant run update.zip It wont mount the card, it hangs with a droid guy with an ! in a white triangle. pressing the menu keys brings back the blue menu with the following

Install from sdcard...
    opening update pkg...
    verifying update pkg...
    E:signature verification failed
    installation aborted