• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vortex Planetarium

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
Does this app maker have a web page? I didn't see one on market.

I need to know if it uses wifi. My app, which I bought , says it can't verify the license. Background data is on. At home I use wifi. And if I'm out, network will download. So why can't it verify the damn license? There is no place in the app itself to tell it to verify/

I think there was an update. I refused it. That should be my business, not the app's.
Since I paid for it, and it's working the way I want, why update?

Moved to Applications forum.

To try and get more info/to answer your question though:

Did you get it working, then refuse the update? Or, did it stop working after the update?

If it's not working now, and the update doesnt fix it, I'm afraid the only recourse is to have a heart to heart with the dev.

Google leaves it up to individual devs wether or not the DRM license check will allow old versions to pass. Basically the Google Market sends a message to the app "LICENSED_OLD_KEY" and it's up to the dev if they want to allow/deny that scenario.

It sucks I know, I personally allow for it in my apps. I have very very very flexible DRM in one app.

But the one thing I can tell you for sure, is that if one of my users was having problems with DRM I would want to hear from that user. I would do everything in my power to fix the problem and make them happy, even possibly refunding money.

Many devs hate having to use DRM, and hate even more when it hurts their legit customers, and really hate getting a 1 star rating from an (understandibly) frustrated user.

Anyways hth

Upvote 0
It was working. I refused the update. I haven't seen another update since. I learned the hard way from some PC updates (especially MS) that things are not automatically better. I just didn't have time to read what was being updated. If stuff is working, why should I update it? Except for security? Some updates fix problems I don't have.

DRM is running.

I'd like to get in touch with the developer, but he doesn't have a web site. I tried to post a negative review hoping he'd see it and Market wouldn't let me. I was logged in.
He's on facebook, but no way to ask a question.

Upvote 0
Weird, I'm not sure what else to tell ya -- maybe trying to clear/data cache in both the app and the Market

I hear what you're saying too -- I agree updating shoudn't always be a requirement. Security can be one reason people might want to update, compatibility can be another. I know for my apps, they send data over blutetooth, and one update I had to change the meta information that was sent - this broke backwards compatability. Usually I dont require or even urge my users to update apps, but this one time I had to.

Anyways sorry for your troubles, wish I knew more suggestions to give you.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am the developer of Vortex, I stumbled on your posts just now.

Please contact me at vortex.planetarium@gmail.com so we can resolve your issue.

In general, I update only to improve functionality, add new features or fix bugs. nearly every update I have released was to add a new feature, to improve the user experience. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem.

Anyway, post me an email and I will resolve this for you ASAP.

@alostpacket, I completely agree with your sentiments. I will look into "LICENSED_OLD_KEY".

Thanks

Paul

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones