• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vote time, Huawei Mercury(Cricket) vs. LG Esteem(MetroPCS)

Which Phone...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
title says it all. Please give reasons as to why...and dont just use brand favoritism. "i like metropcs more" means nothing...we are comparing phones not services.
They both have their pros and cons, it depends what is most important to you. For example, if flashing a custom ROM is a priority, you might want the Esteem, since the Mercury has no dev support. If battery life is a big deal, you might want the Mercury. You say you just want to compare phones, not carriers, but in my opinion, the carrier should be a big factor. Do you live in a Metro area with solid 4G coverage? If not, that would disqualify the Esteem for me (Metros 3G/1X sucks). And don't forget that Cricket only has a 1 GB data limit before they throttle you.

But back to the phones, I would say Esteem-bigger screen, 4G, hdmi out. Mercury-sleeker design, not as bulky as the Esteem, better processor out of the box, (though the Esteem has been overclocked if you do custom ROMs) better camera (on paper, anyway, probably pretty close in real life), much better battery life.

I would say they are pretty evenly matched, it just depends what you are looking for, and which carrier is better where you live.

Upvote 0
They both have their pros and cons, it depends what is most important to you. For example, if flashing a custom ROM is a priority, you might want the Esteem, since the Mercury has no dev support. If battery life is a big deal, you might want the Mercury. You say you just want to compare phones, not carriers, but in my opinion, the carrier should be a big factor. Do you live in a Metro area with solid 4G coverage? If not, that would disqualify the Esteem for me (Metros 3G/1X sucks). And don't forget that Cricket only has a 1 GB data limit before they throttle you.

But back to the phones, I would say Esteem-bigger screen, 4G, hdmi out. Mercury-sleeker design, not as bulky as the Esteem, better processor out of the box, (though the Esteem has been overclocked if you do custom ROMs) better camera (on paper, anyway, probably pretty close in real life), much better battery life.

I would say they are pretty evenly matched, it just depends what you are looking for, and which carrier is better where you live.

I am specifically comparing phones, data does not matter to me in the slightest 99.9% of the time i am around a wifi enabled area.

I know they have their pros and cons, im asking which youd say, your dev support is already a good answer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones