1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VPN and application layout issues!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Samsung_Lilly, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Samsung_Lilly

Samsung_Lilly Lurker

Hi, I recently bought a samsung galaxy s2 and have 2 queries.
    1. I would like to set up a vpn connection. I got the ip i must connect to and username password and yet i am unable to connect.
    I verified this vpn on connection of 2 computers but it is the first time i am trying via android... any ideas??

2. i installed a few apps and view them in a grid layout.. even though i save my pages.. after a while.. either a day or more they move about on their own.. and i end up with 2 pages full of apps... and 4 other pages with a few on each page.. any ideas why?

thanks alot!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Samsung_Lilly

Samsung_Lilly Lurker

Any help out there pls???? :(

3. jspx1

jspx1 Newbie

Hi, as I understand it, the VPN settings in Android Gingerbread don't work.

I've tried PPTP, L2TP & L2TP/IPSec and none of them work even following the walk throughs on the VPN provider's site.

I'm hoping OpenVPN will publish an Android app one day, but to get around things for now I have installed OpenVPN on my PCs and connect to the GS2 using wireless or usb tethering

4. doedel

doedel Lurker

Hi, I got my S2 a week ago and one of the first things that I configured was the VPN. I am using the ivacy.com service and after configuring server, PPTP encryption and password it immediately worked.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews