1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support VPN and Sharing network resources using galaxt tab 10.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sheb_khaleel, Sep 14, 2011.

1. sheb_khaleel

sheb_khaleel Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi;

One of my colleges get Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 before 3 weeks ago. He is planning to use for business and personal uses. I need you help to do the following:

1- How to share resources of network, for instance we some shared folder in the server and each user has few map network drives configured in his PC at work to access data from server. Now, How I can do the same using Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. The user is already connected to the WLAN and he can access internet; however when I open browser and type \\servername I get a page telling me that it is blocked by ISP. I do confirm that there is no any blocking for access shared folder from inside the company and/or using VPN connection. Is there any software that can be installed on Samsung device to do this trick?

2- Second question is, how to share data saved on galaxy device so it can be accessed through network using \\samsung_galaxy_device_name_or_IP

3- How to connect Samsung galaxy device using VPN. We have VPN device modeled Cyberoam CR50ia; the authentication mode on our VPN device is using windows domain controller. By using this type of authentication the galaxy device cant connect to network using VPN. However if I change the authentication mode to cyberoam mode then the user can connect to VPN. Thus, did any one know to configure this galaxy device to connect to VPN using windows domain controller authentication mode.

Appreciating your help in advance.

Regards
    Khalil

Advertisement