• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VPN connection

was this question useful

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andhera

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
hi,
i have a samsung galaxy y phone with android 2.3.6. i tried to create a new vopn connection but i cant get that ryt. i hav given.
server name as 192.168.1.1
encryption is enabled and
dns server as www dot google dot com (jus for verification)
wen i m trying to connect it asks for username and password. now i dnt know wat to do.
plz help me.i m using PPTP protocol.

regards,

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Reading through the directions I found on setting up a VPN, after a connection to the net is established, you are to enter your user name a password. Just what user name and password I could not establish.
You might try plugging in some variables and see if that works. Make sure to take note of what you enter so that it can be entered again. If it wants a user name a password that you already have established... you will need to enter that.
Here is a link to the area where there are users more familiar with what you are attempting and will be best to assist you. Good luck.
Android Lounge - Android Forums

PS. You might want to remove the server address from your intro message by using the edit button and do not enter that number when you ask for help in the Android Lounge.

Currently we have a new thread in our social area where existing members are paying
tribute to the new people that have just joined Android Forums. This is something
the regular users thought up to give you some idea how the group truly welcomes you to these forums. I encourage you to check out the thread and say hello. We are really glad that you joined these forums. Here is a link to that thread:
http://androidforums.com/lounge/508...ts-first-annual-newbie-appreciation-week.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones