• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VPN on Android Marshmallow 5.1.1

IOS devices and Windows clients connect with no issue to our corporate firewall using L2TP/IPSec VPN Pre-shared key config.

All my Galaxy Tab4 tablets can't connect whatsoever - they always timeout no matter how long the duration is set.

Anyone been successful with a different app or any insight?
Thanks in advance.

IOS devices and Windows clients connect with no issue to our corporate firewall using L2TP/IPSec VPN Pre-shared key config.

All my Galaxy Tab4 tablets can't connect whatsoever - they always timeout no matter how long the duration is set.

Anyone been successful with a different app or any insight?
Thanks in advance.

First thing I can think of, are your Galaxy tablets authorized to connect to the corporate firewall and network as BYOD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bring_your_own_device
One thing with corporate BYOD, especially if Exchange is involved, is that devices must be fully encrypted, and passworded or PIN'd and satisfy corporate security requirements. Corporate issue devices are often iPhones, and used to be Blackberry. iOS is encrypted by default these days. Huawei are the standard corporate and govt. issue devices in China

If you are doing BYOD, you definitely need to speak to your corporate IT admin,
and see exactly what their requirements are, e.g. full storage encryption, and to get the Tabs authorized to connect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am now signed up with PureVPN for casual surfing.

don't have a need to sign into a corporate high security server anymore though.
the one I used to use, required 3 levels of passwords just to get inside the main server, then a password to get into each sub-level server. it was a super PITA to work with. Nothing was easy, and only 1 or 2 people had clearance to set it up for you.... out of a corporate user-base in the 10,000 range.....
Wait times for the Help Desk got into the "weeks" range to get things done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones