1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vpn on galaxy s20

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bobjones 85, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bobjones 85

Bobjones 85 Lurker

I use expressvpn. Have for some time. Use it on my galaxy s8plus, along with other devices. When I upgraded to the s20 a problem arose after installing 3xpressvpn onto device. I can no longer use network auto connect feature on VPN without enabling the location setting on my s20. This seems really dumb for something that is all about privacy (vpn).

I asked about this else where didn't get much help. Someone it has something to do with libraries and location in settings on Android 10 devices.

Is there a way i can enable auto connect on my s20 using expressvpn and not have location on?

Here's a picture I get when opening the app if location is off on my phone.

Screenshot_20200317-084405_ExpressVPN.jpg

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Interesting. As that is a Expressvpn message, controlled via their app, I think you would have to check with their support. As Android versions evolve, the way permissions are handled change as well, some dev's are not quick to update.

3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I have heard that Express VPN is not very secure anyway.

Personally, I use Windscribe.
    I never have my location on.

whatsthepoint929504 likes this.
  5. Bobjones 85

Bobjones 85 Lurker

I used windscribe for a month. Couldnt use there auto connect feature so I stopped.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I have no idea what that feature is.
    I use a firewall most of the time, so if I use a VPN I have to switch over manually anyway.

(Because the firewall uses the Android VPN api)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs