• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VPN question for S9 owners

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
I'm currently running the beta Pie version on my S8+ and have a small issue that I'm not sure is a bug or a new feature.

In all previous OS versions when running a VPN a key symbol appears in the notification area. In Pie this happens, however as new notifications come through this symbol gets pushed out of view. Not very handy that!

Seems like it is being treated like a standard notification instead of an OS notification.

Can anyone with a VPN try this out and see if you have the same issue please?

Thanks @mikedt

I've been in contact with Samsung and they just told me to switch off the notification limit. So instead of show 3 notifications before cropping it will show something like 13 notifications.

Sadly the key icon still gets shunted across the screen, eventually being pushed off.

Can you confirm your VPN icon stays put whenever you are downloading files or have multiple notifications @mikedt ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones