1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VPN trouble Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by stevd, Dec 28, 2011.

1. stevd

stevd Lurker

Hi All, newbie here!!!

I am hoping that you maybe able to help me out. I have recently changed over from an iPhone to a Galaxy s2, and so far I am really pleased with it with the exception that I cant get the VPN connection to work. I can connect still with my old iPhone to my companies network but not with my Galaxy. I have all the server details in correct but it comes up with an error of ' server hung up, possibly due to a firewall'. I am trying both over 3g and over wifi without sucess. any ideas or has anyone else had this problem at all?

Many thanks, merry christmas & Happy NY.

Steve

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aalupatti

aalupatti Newbie

Unfortunately android is not the best place for networking, especially Open vpn.
    However most of this is fixed in ICS. Your best bet is to wait for ICS for SII which is not far off. ( i am in your same boat )

However depending on your knowledge about andorid there are few things u can do.

If your network is cisco based they do have a client you can install.

Also Juno ( samsung's vpn app is helpful too. )

Another thing to do is search for tun.ko in google and u will end various threads that discuss about this.
    Hope this helps in someway.

3. stevd

stevd Lurker

Thanks for your reply. ill start looking into them options. do you know if the Samsung option is an add on (overlay) to the android von or is it a standalone app?

Cheers

Steve