• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VS 980 screen replacement help needed

New to the forum, stuck in the middle of the LCD screen and digitizer process and would greatly appreciate any help.-

I've been following one of the online tutorials and everything was going smoothly (rear cover removed, upper interior cover with lens and buttons removed) until I went to remove the lower panel under the battery (5 screws, identified as a speaker in the vid.) It is shown as being easily removed after removing the screws. Mine does not come off, it's loose but it's pretty clear that there is a ribbon attaching it to the board underneath. It will not come off enough to carefully pry off the ribbon and I can't tell if there's any other way to get past this step.

I've looked at at least three tutorials and all of them show the panel just popping off. If anyone else has run into this problem and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Lg G2 VS980

Problem solved. There is a strip of tape below this cover that adheres to anything it contacts. It was stuck to the antenna/lower cover so that it would not come off without releasing the tape. It was stuck to a metal area on the underside which made me wonder if it was a ribbon. Brute force and ignorance compelled me to pry it off and the journey continues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones