1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General vs iphone4 (not s)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gnarlyDUCK, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Girlfriend wants to jump off the apple bandwagon unless there are not many pros for her to switch to Android.

What are the biggest pros and cons of each? Anyone?

Her biggest complaints with the iPhone 3G was battery life and storage. And so far it looks like Vivid takes the cake with battery life and storage, especially since both are removable.

But what other little things make the big difference?

Advertisement

2. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    I think my iphone 4 had a better battery life then my vivid. I was pissed when the iphone 5 didn't come out. over a year and apple did nothing much. They took the easy way out to make money and now that I have switched over they will have to do allot more to get me back as a customer.. that being said

I have enjoyed my htc and even when comparing it to the iphone 4S I would still take the vivid. My wife had to have the iphone 4s even though she had the 4.

some of this is in my POV, some are facts..

1) The stats show the iphone with better resolution , but with the vivids bigger screen to me it looks better for movies and wed. To me I got tired of the same small ass screen. This most likely is the man drain on the vivid battery life, but to me its worth it.

2) There are much more settings that can be done on an android then iphone, but of course that makes apple a little more user friendly.

3) The option to put more memory is a big plus. I have the 16g+32 gig in my vivid.. I heard of people putting the 64's in theirs and working but thats still up there.

4) Videos/Pictures= Vivd wins all the way. 8mp compared to 5mp(I dont want to hear that crap about mp dont matter crap). Then videos vivd will do the 1080p compaired to the 720p for iphone 4. Also the vivd has the 1080p slow mo(60fps), which is a cool and fun option. Also for both pics vivd has edit and scene options that even the iphone 4s dont have built in.

5) internet speed. Even though I'm not in an LTE area I still beat my wifes iphone on a speed test all the time. I think it has to do with the hspa thingie. I have gotten to over 9 mb. hers always seems half or less then when I get

6) flash, apple dont like it. in time flash might go away but its still being used allot now.

There are other things, but one thing I do miss that I had on my iphone4 was jailbreaking. That made things easy. I know they have the crack for vivid now, but I'm not sure how everything in that area works yet.

Tags: