• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VS740][LG Ally] How-To: Flash Stock LG Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do this for me through Teamviewer? I want to put the original stock firmware on my phone and the regular recovery menu. I am giving the phone to verizon thats why I need to do this otherwise they won't accept my phone since I rooted it. We can do the Teamviewer thing either tomorrow or tuesday. Probably Tuesday if you can.

EDIT: NVM, I just found out I backup my stock rom in the first place so I don't need to do this.

Upvote 0
Hey death I have a question, I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I thought you might be watching this thread.
Unfortunately I installed the recent update that was sent to my phone and I can no longer get root acces with universal androot. I have also tried Z4root as well as previous versions of UA. I only use rooting for Barnacle WiFi so I don't have custom ROM's or anything advanced.
My question is should I use the above instructions to downgrade to a previous version, or is there a simpler way?
I am super noob so I am all about simple, but I would be willing to try manual rooting with PDAnet and SDK etc. but will that even work now?
This is my only highspeed connection so I am desperate and would greatly appreciate any insight.
Thans in advance.
-g

*EDIT-NM previous post I got z4root 1.3 to work and barnacle is cooking again.
thanks to all who contribute to this forum anyways, I've learned alot here.
-g

Upvote 0
when i try to do the commad prompt it says that it isnt recognized as an internal or external command....wgat does that mean?

Im having this same problem, and I have SDK and everything. My cmd prompt says C:\windows\system32> and I can't get it off so I can just have the C:\ :/

help please, I think I screwed something up because I am getting NO data connection, I can't even register my gmail after I flashed back to stock rom. Lost data connection after putting the Turbo4 kernel on it about 4 hours ago and still trying ot get this back :/

Upvote 0
got It! I figured out the CMD problem myself, and finished with the stock recovery, did a factory reset and it still wasn't letting me do anything with data (including login to my gmail account) but after dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* it said checkin success at the top and everything started working, doing an OTA update as we speak, thanks a lot for the tut.!

Upvote 0
I've restored and unrooted v8 stock rom and using the method for flashing the recovery back stock towards the bottom of the post... my question is... when i boot into recovery after i have stock what should i see? i never tried recovery mode on stock so i cant tell if it worked... what i see is an android with an exclamation point

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones