• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VVM Issue and losing 3G

MBM7881

Jan 26, 2011
Fort Hood, TX
hello everyone. i'm new to android and of course these forums. i got the samsung epic a few days ago (i'm still in my 30 return window if anything). since i got it i've been losing the 3G every now and then. when i tried downloading apps from the market i kept getting a network connection error even though all my reception bars were full. finally got all my apps downloaded when i came home and connected the phone to my wireless router and used the wifi connection. now i received a mandatory update to the vvm and when i tried to download it i kept getting an error stating that the update couldn't happen then a button to retry to download it. i left it alone and it finallydownload but now i have an issue with the vvm. it keeps saying that the activation email will be sent when data becomes available. i have data...wtf is going on? i'm about ready to swap this thing out! any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: I finally got the vvm to work and install so all is well there. also yesterday i noticed for no apparent reason my phone kept vibrating and the led light kept blinking and there was no missed call, text, email, etc. i turned off the phone and turned it back on and that stopped it. any ideas?? i think it was the app missed calls that made it act weird. had to delete that app as my settings kept deleting all on their own.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the losing 3G? I've had to either turn off the phone and turn it back on or do the profile/prl update to get the 3G to come back (sprint told me to do this). When the 3G disappears i get "no network connection" errors or that i dont have internet access. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones