• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VVM texts with Fresh 2.0d

Bob Loblaw

Nov 4, 2009
Just tried to leave myself a voicemail with 2.0d to make sure it was working. The first day I installed 2.0d my VVM didn't work saying it couldn't download message. Well I received the message and two texts in Handcent. And was told in the notification bar telling me message couldn't be downloaded but the message was there when I clicked on VVM. One message told me

"Work(the contact) has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx to listen. MMSN,
c73dce95,31e6,V6ah9qf4
Uai//CM"

The second one said
"Notif turnOn mdn:
757xxxxxxx(my number)
CFGs3202.0=09a01cuzxvg
729J3R33U9//CM"

I got the same messages in the stock program just not in the notification bar since I have them disabled. Anyone else experience this?

I did. I didn't need to BLACKLIST with 1.5 and Handcent. I didn't receive texts telling me I had a voicemail from a contact. Also, I don't want to BLACKLIST work since I receive texts from the number. I don't mind BLACKLISTING the second message. But if say I receive a voicemail from my wife, it'll tell me I have a voicemail in text form. I don't want to BLACKLIST her number.

To repeat:

I don't want to BLACKLIST numbers that I receive texts from.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I did. I didn't need to BLACKLIST with 1.5 and Handcent. I didn't receive texts telling me I had a voicemail from a contact. Also, I don't want to BLACKLIST work since I receive texts from the number. I don't mind BLACKLISTING the second message. But if say I receive a voicemail from my wife, it'll tell me I have a voicemail in text form. I don't want to BLACKLIST her number.

To repeat:

I don't want to BLACKLIST numbers that I receive texts from.

Thanks.
Thought there was a setting to that you need to disable so it doesnt send you text messages?

Regardless do some googling and install google voice. Its alot better IMO. Do some searching on xda they had a few guides showing how to setup google voice or ask me if your still having trouble. It sends a text/email (if you want or no text or email) with a typed up transcribed message of what the voicemail is. Very cool and works for most messages that the person speaks clearly enough.

Upvote 0
Thought there was a setting to that you need to disable so it doesnt send you text messages?

Regardless do some googling and install google voice. Its alot better IMO. Do some searching on xda they had a few guides showing how to setup google voice or ask me if your still having trouble. It sends a text/email (if you want or no text or email) with a typed up transcribed message of what the voicemail is. Very cool and works for most messages that the person speaks clearly enough.

Yeah but doesn't Google Voice require you to use that number? I really don't want to have to give people my "new" number. I'll check it out.

Upvote 0
Yeah but doesn't Google Voice require you to use that number? I really don't want to have to give people my "new" number. I'll check it out.

you can configure GV to be the primary VM for any of the phones you have listed with GV. For instance, I have mine configured to ring my cell as well as office line if someone calls my GV number. BUT, I also have GV configured to be the VM for my cell if someone calls the cell number and I don't answer.

GV is a very configurable and versatile offering from Google...

Upvote 0
OK so I was reading a guide and let me make sure I get it:

Option #1 : I can get a google voice number, give it out as my primary, and configure it to ring to any number. Cell, work, home, wherever.

Option #2 : Get a Google Voice number, never give it out, have my cell number forwarded there for voice mail if I don't answer or it's busy.

Now if I use option 2, what happens if I have a contact in my cell go straight to voice mail. I assume it'll still use my Sprint voice mail or does the phone know to forward it to the Google number? I use it for some people who call me since they're long winded and I don't have time to be tied up on the phone. I have them set to go straight to voice mail (they don't know) so I can listen to the message and call them back at my convenience.

Upvote 0
not entirely positive.. but it should go to GVM if set to send to auto send to VM. after all.. that's also an option you have for numbers in GV..of course, if they call the GV number, you can screen calls.. you can have a VM message set up for each number (personalized per contact).. you can set a contact as straight to VM or even block a contact completely.. in that case they get a message saying the number is no longer in service.

Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Upvote 0
Just tried to leave myself a voicemail with 2.0d to make sure it was working. The first day I installed 2.0d my VVM didn't work saying it couldn't download message. Well I received the message and two texts in Handcent. And was told in the notification bar telling me message couldn't be downloaded but the message was there when I clicked on VVM. One message told me

"Work(the contact) has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx to listen. MMSN,
c73dce95,31e6,V6ah9qf4
Uai//CM"

The second one said
"Notif turnOn mdn:
757xxxxxxx(my number)
CFGs3202.0=09a01cuzxvg
729J3R33U9//CM"

I got the same messages in the stock program just not in the notification bar since I have them disabled. Anyone else experience this?[/QUOTE

Is that a problem for everyone running Fresh 2.0d? I experienced the same problem on Fresh 2.0c, but I don't have any issues with VVM on Fresh 2.0d. I am running stock messages. Good luck on getting it worked out man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones