• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VwE 2.1 - White font on clock/date

Ok guys, I need some help.

I've searched for a LONG TIME (about a week) on google and can't find anything that will lead me in the right direction as far as clock/date font being changed to white. It's driving me crazy.

I have tried metamorph. I've even updated my ".thm" files to ".xml" files applied the changes and nothing works. I've followed other tutorials and they seem out of date. I've tried other ppl's files and none of them work. I've converted 90% of j_r0dd's black bar from final/official 1.3.1 ROM to VwE. Now I just need the font. Here's the files I do have:

-framework folder:

services.jar

I've tried svc.jar, but it gives me a 1/2 brick.

-framework-res.apk/color:

All files.

-framework-res.apk/drawable-mdpi:

status_bar_background.png
status_bar_close_on.9.png
status_bar_header_background.9.png
status_bar_item_app_background_normal.9.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
statusbar_background.9.png
statusbar_background.png

-framework-res.apk/layout:

status_bar.xml
status_bar_expanded.xml
status_bar_icon.xml
status_bar_latest_event.xml
status_bar_latest_event_content.xml
status_bar_stk_idle_mode_txt.xml
status_bar_tracking.xml

And I'm going to continue looking, but if you could tell me which file is responsible for the "clear" option icon that tells you about a new text or download, that would be great.

As far as I know, I'm missing like one file to get all that text white.

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones