• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories VZ 2150 extended battery & black silicone case: Simple slits make it work

jws3

Jun 27, 2010
Got a new Dinc this evening. Still trying to figure it out. Bought the extended battery as well and wanted a shell.

Many here have dremeled out and more, but I found that 2 simple slits along the long sides of the battery outline as relief cuts seemed to work just fine and keep the back of the phone protected.

Will try it for awhile & see how it goes. With a black phone & black case they are barely visible.

Hard to see, but the slit is barely visible. Took 3 tries due to weird "security" msgs and then too large files. Guess my camera was set too fine. Even when cutting it back it rejected half of them. I really am not that good at this stuff...:D

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    855.6 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones